Well, we are not all the same... not even close, really. We are African Americans, Latinos, Anglos, and all backgrounds. We are from a cornucopia (like that word?) of faith traditions. We are
first-years and grad students, urban and rural, short and tall, chocolate and vanilla, weird and weirder, and everything in between!
We have a deep hunger for meaningful friendships, time for work and play and rest, reaching out and serving, true life, a better world, real peace, and really good food and plenty of it (seriously, we eat a lot).
So, the WCM is a ministry of the United Methodist Church. Even so, we are made up of students from all different denominations and faith traditions. While we come from different places, we follow a "Wesleyan" path together... seeking God's grace at work in the lives of all people... listening for God's voice to speak to us through the bible, wise voices from the past, the experiences of ourselves and others, and through God-given reason... opening ourselves to God's grace that we can be transformed and re-formed in love!
WE ARE the group of students at the heart of the Wesleyan, living out our calling in God and following in the footsteps of Jesus Christ through the people and ministries of the Wesleyan.
WE ARE the ones who listen for God's voice to guide us as we dream and plan the present and future of the Wesleyan Campus Ministry.
WE JOIN TOGETHER to Grow Deeper in Christ, Reach Farther to serve the world, and
Connect Together as sisters and brothers.
Members of The Core commit to:
* Participate as one of the family in
* Meet monthly with The Core to pray and discern God's lead for our ministry
* Through Core meetings, learn what it means to be Wesleyan and be able talk about it with others
* Meet monthly for a 1-to-1 with one of the Campus Ministers to (a) grow in discipleship of Jesus Christ and (b) listen together for God's call in our life
* Join in community with other members of
The Core, seeking the best for each other
* Pray for students on campus and others
in the Wesleyan
* Love God and love students!
Rev. Brian Dierolf
Assistant Campus Minister
Making disciples of Christ for the transformation of the world; by offering students an inclusive and welcoming faith community where ALL God's diverse children:
BElong, BElieve, BEcome...
BE @ the Wesleyan!